Sunday, December 4, 2011

2 year check-up

Weight: 28.5 lbs
Height: 33 in (or somewhere around that...he was fighting us and I don't know is she got an accurate measure)

Well one thing is for sure...Brody hates the doctors office! He screams and cries the entire time and we have to hold him down to take his temperature, heart rate, look in the ears and mouth!



* size 2T shirts and pants (sometimes 24 months...there is a slight difference!)
*shoe size: 6-7
* some favorite things:
- trains
-airplanes
-semi-trucks
-helicopters
-baths
-brushing your teeth but only you can do it!
-playing an airplane game on daddy's iphone
-puzzles
-tools
-blankets



some new words you say:
-blanket
-shoe
-you call me Mittany
-Toby
-oh wow
-where is (something)
-stop it
-get away
-batman
-Lane
- awww
-what's that


The pedi referred us to a speech therapist to get Brody evaluated because he is concerned that he is not saying as many words as he should be (he should be saying close to 50.)  I was worried at first but now I don't think that there is any problem with getting him evaluated early so we can start working with him now if he is speech delayed.  Since his appointment on Thursday and getting the news about the speech evaluation, I have been really working with him. We have been reading books and pronouncing everything very clearly. If nothing else, I hope the therapist can give me some things that I can do with him at home to really help him.

No comments:

Post a Comment