Thursday, April 9, 2009

I am going to be a Mommy!

  Well here is Baby Stokes! Cory and I are expecting our first child November 12th.  We are very excited and cannot wait to meet this bundle of joy!  I found out I was pregnant March 10th.  I was late and I felt like I needed to take a test.  So I peed on a stick and waited. I did not want to look but when I did I saw PREGNANT.  My heart stopped and I thought, "No, this has to be a mistake."  Then I took 2 more tests and both came out PREGNANT.  I was excited, but then was overshadowed by the fear of telling the family. My family is very traditional...date, get engaged, married, get financially stable, and then start a family.  Well Cory and I have done everything backwards!  I moved 15 hours away from my family, friends, and everything I have known for 23 years to be with Cory in Arizona.  We have been living together for 9 months now! Wow I cannot believe I have lived here that long!!!  We were not planning to get pregnant, however, we have always wanted children and we are thrilled that we are expecting.  

  Since I have found out that I was pregnant, I have been so sick!!! I know that no one in my family has been sick during pregnancy so I thought I was good to go.  I remember my sister telling me that she was just always so tired.  Well ofcourse it would be me to be sick!!  I cannot keep anything down.  This week has been the worst yet.  I have been sick with a cold and a fever, plus throwing up everything I eat.  I am 9 weeks today and only have 3 weeks left in my first trimester.  I am praying that it goes away but maybe I will be one of the lucky ones that is sick the entire pregnancy.  I want so much to enjoy this pregnancy, but sometimes it is hard when I am throwing up 24/7.

  I went back to Texas a couple of weeks ago for my nephew's 1st birthday party and also break the news to the family.  I had to drive to Tucson at 2:30 a.m. to catch my flight.  Let me tell you that was the worst experience of my life to date.  I had to pull over so many times and the plane ride was horrible! Let's just say that me and the flight attendants became great friends because she had to keep bringing me the "sick sacks."  I was so scared to tell the family but I had to.  I first told my mom, nana, and little sister.  They were actually excited and gave me a hug! I was so shocked! Then it was time to tell me sister, Tara, and bro-in-law.  I am sometimes scared of my sister...she is so little but man she is scary!!!  However, she was happy and congratulated me!  I fianlly told the rest of the family Sunday night after the party.  They were all happy for Cory and I.  The weird thing was that I was not sick the entire time I was in Texas, but the moment I got back to Arizona, I get sick again.

  The hardest thing about it is that I am so far away from my family.  It is only me and Cory here.  I am excited because I am due right before Thanksgiving so my mom, sisters, nephew, and bro in law should be coming to stay with us!!!  I made this blog in order for my family and friends back home to keep track of what is going on with our growing family and to see how fat I am getting!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Super excited! ps- Love the layout! How do I get cool ones like that? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a little harsh!!!I'M NOT THAT SCARY!!! Hope you are feeling better! I'm so glad you started a blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read all the pregnancy stories :)

    ReplyDelete