Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My new life as a mommy


I'm not going to lie, this motherhood thing is harder than I expected. I think what makes it so hard is that we have no family here. It is just me, Cory and Brody. I stay at home with Brody, which is the most amazing thing. I know that I will never miss a thing. Cory is such a blessing and I fall in love with him more and more each day. Seeing him as a daddy is the best thing in the world. But it still is so trying. Cory works so I do all the night stuff and then when he comes home he takes over. He changes his diapers and helps with feedings. I wish we lives closer to family but his job is here and it is an amazing. It allows me to stay at home. We have a beautiful home and food is always on the table. We are so very blessed.

I did go through some postpartum blues in the beginning and I now I am getting better. Having a child puts everything into perspective. I thought about everything that could go wrong and I wondered if we would be good parents. I realized that I have to live one day at a time and enjoy life. I have a loving husband, healthy baby boy, and a very supportive family.

Being a mother, I worry about everything now! I find myself waking up throughout the night just to make sure he is breathing. He sleeps right against my side of the bed in his bassinet. He is never out of my sight. He is already two weeks today. Time goes by so fast!!

I am so excited the family is coming for Thanksgiving. It is well needed family time that we all need!!

Brody looking at his daddy...def. a little version of Cory!

Beautiful baby boy

Doing what he does best...snoozing!

No comments:

Post a Comment